Application and background packets can be printed here or can be picked up at the City of Skiatook Municipal Building located at 110 North Broadway between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm Monday through Thursday and 8:00 am and 11:00 am on Friday.
Submit Application, Background Packet, and Resume with certificate(s) to:
City of Skiatook
Attn: Human Resources
110 North Broadway
PO Box 399
Skiatook, Oklahoma 74070
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications submitted without Background Packet will be considered incomplete and will not be considered for employment.
City of Skiatook is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants must be a United States citizen, at least 21 years of age and no older than 45 years of age, possess a valid Oklahoma driver's license, a High School diploma or a GED, must have no felony convictions or disqualifying criminal history, and must be willing to work any shift with any combination of days off.
Full time CLEET certification is preferred, but not required. Pre employment CLEET written and physical test and drug screening is required. All applicants will undergo an intense background check, a polygraph, and a Pension board physical medical.
The City of Skiatook offers an excellent benefits package that includes:
- Complete, fully paid medical insurance by the City for the Officer and his/her family
- A 10 mile radius take home car policy
- Longevity bonus package ($5/month for every month employed)
- Holiday bonus
- Education incentive pay for Intermediate Certification/Associates degree and Advanced Certification/Bachelor's degree
- Vacation based on years of service (14.67 hours/month or 176 hours/year for 0-4 years of service and increases up to 20 hours of service)
- Sick leave acquired monthly
- Duty pistol
- Patrol rifle (SBR)
- Duty ammunition replaced annually
- Body armor every 5 years
- Taser (upon certification)
- Less Lethal Shotgun (upon certification)
- Annual $900 clothing allowance
- Non-Certified Officer starting pay at $16.40/hour
- Lateral transfer for Certified Officers up to 5 years (up to $18.43/hour)
- State of Oklahoma Police Pension (20 year retirement program)
The City of Skiatook Police Department is growing which increases movement and promotion within the department. Positions for lateral and promotion include:
- Patrol Supervisor
- K-9 Handler
- SRO (School Resource Officer)
- Detective Division
- Street Crimes Investigator
- Firearms Instructor
- Annual Shift Bids